5.10.2017

Nautical-Themed Photo Backdrop

Ahoy!  I used striped wrapping paper and masking tape to create a photo backdrop for a nautical themed photo backdrop.  I was considering making a stand out of pvc pipe, but ran out of time.  I made the banner as well, using the same style I used for the Cabo trip, except I put them on bunting.



I thought it was missing something, so I decided to make some 3-D waves using foam board and blue tissue paper.  This probably took more time to make than the backdrop, but that's because I was kind of figuring it out as I went along.  I used one foam board and had to figure out how to make it into a pair of waves, so I split it on the diagonal and traced out waves with a pencil.  I knew I didn't want to deal with paint, but I did have a LOT of tissue paper lying around in various shades of blue.  So I cut them into wavy strips using a rotary cutter and glued them in overlapping layers in an ombre design.  I liked how the tissue paper wasn't exactly opaque, so each layer kind of shows underneath the one below it.  It just created a cool texture to it, and I was really proud of it!  If I had more time, I would have probably glitter mod podged it (because, duh) but I literally finished it the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello!