5.05.2017

DIY Letter Pinatas

Continuing on with these wedding craft projects,  I made a DIY pinata for a texmex-themed wedding shower.  I've seen diy pinatas trending on Pinterest recently, so I was excited to take on this project.  Honestly, I would've attempted a pinata regardless of the theme.  All I used was leftover cardboard boxes, tissue paper (green because of cacti), masking tape, and lots of glue.  Making fringe out of tissue paper is one of my favorite things to do, apparently.  The gluing on of the fringe was probably my least favorite, though.  I decided to string everything on some twine so that we can hang it like a banner, rather than hang it like an actual pinata.  I filled it with leftover packing material, rather than with candy.  You can totally fill it with candy, but I didn't want people to destroy it after I took the time to make it. lol.

Total cost: $1 for the pack of tissue paper, and the rest I had on hand.




Some other stuff I crafted for the shower include lucha libre game tags for the game prizes and wrapped up some pretty cacti for the game prizes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello!