8.19.2017

Installing a Zipper into a Travel Neck Pillow


I bought this travel neck pillow a while back after my inflatable one had a leak and wouldn't inflate anymore.  I was kind of excited to see this at Target, since I've followed Design Love Fest on insta for forever.  It's everything that I was looking for in a new neck pillow: memory foam, polka dot print, soft, adjustable strap, and a clip so that you can hang it on your bag.  The only thing that annoyed me was that it didn't have a zipper installed so that I can remove the cover and wash it.  Knowing how gross airplanes can be, a removable liner was necessary.  The wash instructions for the neck pillow was just to hand wash only.  But I kept thinking about if I did that, and the memory foam absorbed the water and I didn't let it fully dry,  I would be stuck with mold and mildew within the pillow and etc etc.

Anyways, paranoid-ass me thought I could do either two things: make myself another lining with a zipper to cover the neck pillow OR just rip the seams of the original lining and install a zipper into it.  I decided the latter because the only reason I bought this pillow was because of the fabric design, so why would I cover it up?

Anyways, long story short (sorry!) I installed a zipper into this cute ass pillow and now I can wash the lining and think of all the airplane bacteria that's not embedded onto my face.



 This zipper came in a 5-pack that I bought at Daiso of all places.  So worth it.  If I can install zippers into everything I would.  Like how I wish I could install pockets into all my dresses.  (I probably could, but I'm lazy af.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello!