2.28.2015

Floral Eyeglasses Pouch

So it's official. I have to get glasses.  I finally bit the bullet and scheduled an eye exam.  The doctor gave me a prescription.  Ordered some frames from Warby Parker.  My prescription isn't even that strong, I just need them for driving and reading things from far distances.  And for crocheting while netflix-ing.  You know, important things.

So I figured since I need glasses, I should use these spring frames that I bought at a Daiso a few months back.  I may have been kinda drunk while buying them, but hey, who isn't?  I love Daiso. I always get hi-chew and cute stationary stuff there (multi-color pens and post-its shaped like animals) and you can always find something you didn't know you needed.  If I had closer access to that place, I would go there every week.  I would go there so hard.



Anyways, I found these spring frames in Daiso's craft section.  I thought it was a good idea at the time to buy them but I never got around to making anything with them until now.  I based the measurements off of an eyeglass case I already owned and used fabric I had laying around (black floral, with an orange lining).  I also used some leftover felt inside the lining to thicken the case and make it more sturdy.  I think it came out pretty well, but since the spring frames came in a 2-pack, I already know what I would change when I make the second case.  I want to try and find a fabric that has eyeglasses on it.  If not, I saw this fabric at Joann's the other day that had oreo cookies on it.  But fake oreo cookies, because maybe Nabisco made licensed oreo cookie fabric?  That makes me think of my copyright story that I wanted to blog about, but that will be another post. ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello!